Tuesday 30 August 2011

On the other hand...

After leaving it a little while and then reading back my last post, I've realised that in a short space of time my outlook has changed. I've moved past being anxious, stressed and scared and have just come to accept that what will be, will be.

To celebrate my new found excitement and positive attitude, here are the top 5 things that I'm looking forward to!

5. Holiday in the U.S of A
After months of preparation, form filling, saving and generally being an old maid - I need a holiday. I'm so glad that we have the opportunity to visit friends in California, travel a little and let our hair down. Hopefully we will arrive in Vancouver refreshed and ready to embark on our new adventure!

4. New jobs
If you have read earlier blog posts you will know that I am ambitious and crave a job I can get my teeth stuck into. If I wasn't moving abroad then I would definitely be moving to London to try my luck as another fresh young thing with a spring in her step and dreams of the bright city lights. Luckily, in addition to the beautiful scenery, Vancouver has just as much going for it in terms of career prospects and is a hub for creative industries - big thumbs up!

3. New apartment
It always makes me laugh when I look through Vancouver rental listings and see huge, modern apartments with floor to ceiling windows and swimming pools and gyms in the building described as "high rises". God only knows what Canadians think of our post-war tower blocks when they come over here! I can't wait to find our place.

2. New friends
I love that feeling you get when you meet someone and you just click, they get your references and enjoy the same things as you. I'm so excited to meet a whole new group of friends on the other side of the Atlantic and have a good old laugh as we swap stories and create new ones to tell to our friends back home,

AND THE NUMBER 1 THING I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IS....

1. Living an active lifestyle in an active city.
Rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, white water rafting, cycling, dancing, dragon boating, skiing, snowboarding, zip lining, sailing, rollerblading and just plain old walking about - I want to do them all....a lot!

1 week to go, the countdown has started...

Aimée L’amour x

No comments:

Post a Comment